Well, I really wish I got some pictures on this portion of the trip. I carried my camera with me but, was to involved in what was going on. The trip from Yukon to Buda (Austin Texas) was interesting, well sort of. It was a visual thing. All the more reason I should have made John stop so I could take pictures. Oklahoma, for those of you that don't know, had a major ice storm. I have friends that are going on their tenth day of no power. In fact I believe that the whole city of Altus was without for 6 days. That just sounds unreal to me. Anyway, as bad as the ice was and despite how much havoc it caused, it sure was beautiful. Sparkling and shimmery, like a winter fairy land. Granted there were places that we passed that the weight of the ice was crushing the trees.
As we really got into Texas, there is one thing that we really noticed. Texas drivers are very aggressive. The further south you are the worse it gets. We been driving in Colorado with drivers that seem afraid to merge half the time.
Anyway we arrived in Buda, found my Aunts house then went to Carbello's (or something like that) to pass the time till she got home from work. Once she was home it was time for Dinner, we went out to Garcia's. Awesome little hole in the wall Mexican food place. I had the sour cream enchiladas. YUM!! Thanks you Danny and Sande for Dinner. Then we went back to the house to chilax and wait for LOST to begin. I really enjoyed our short visit with them. Wish I had taken pictures. I have only 1 regret about that visit. I wish I had seen Lorell. Maybe I'll see her when we go back through.
The Bits: August
5 years ago
Yep, Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop are both VERY fun place to go to.
ReplyDelete