Friday, January 29, 2010

Sorry, can you speak up.

Okay so yesterday I went to my hearing test. I wasn't surprized at the results. Turns out I have low tone hearing loss in my left ear. I am right on the borderline to needing a hearing aid. She opted to not give me one at this time. I think she thinks it's better to wait. I find it rather frustrating though. John's voice as well as Jeremy's and JD's fall into the tones that I have a hard time with. Especially if they aren't looking at me or are behind me. John's even gotten to where he likes to make fun of the fact that I can't hear him sometimes.

She, the doctor also seems to think I have Meniere's disease. I never heard about it till yesterday. So of course I came home and read up on it. Based on what she showed me with my hearing test results and the other things I read. I sound pretty text book for the disease. My test result show that I am toward the end of early stage's of the disease. However, I have an appointment at the end of the month to make sure that something else isn't causing all my problems.

In other news I've decided to edit and finish typing my stories in the car while John drives. That's assuming it doesn't make me sick to read it and type.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie! I hope you can get that hearing aid. I get clogged ears all the time and not being able to hear drives me crazy! I hope that's where it ends. Meniere's disease sounds rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!!! I just read about Meniere's disease that sounds tough, I am sorry. Hopefully they find something to help you out. Have John give you a blessing. I love ya tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is Meniere's disease?
    You might want to get a second opinion on the hearing aid thing. It can only help, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the news. My MIL has Meniere's. She has good days and not as good ones, but usually it is related to stress. So have a RELAXING trip!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this?